Now that I have turned 40, I've been looking back on my life and thinking about "lessons" I wish my younger self knew. Or truths that I've collected along the way I wish I knew then. Here's my list of things that I'm sure would've made my life much easier! The best thing I can do now is share them with you ... and write (type!) them down for my kids. Maybe it'll encourage and help them, as well as you, in this thing called Life.
1. Trust your gut. It's always right.
2. Kindness goes a long way.
3. You are stronger and braver than you think.
4. Crying is very healing; so is laughter.
5. Perspective is everything.
6. Never stop learning. No education is wasted.
7. You can do and be anything you put your mind to.
8. Stop worrying about what others think of you.
9. A smile can change someone's whole day.
10. You are never alone, even when it feels like it.
11. Don't be afraid to be vulnerable.
12. No matter what happens, life must go on.
13. Love is healing; so are hugs.
14. Forgiveness is hard, but freeing.
15. Life is about change. Roll with the punches.
16. We are to learn from our mistakes and failures. It's all about the lesson. Have no regrets
17. Be in the moment. It's gone in a flash.
18. Gratitude & thankfulness will lift you out of a bad mood every time.
19. The truth will set you free.
20. Tell people you love them ... often.
21. Never be afraid to cry in front of others.
22. Grief is a hard thing to get through, but you will.
23. When you have nothing left, there is always hope.
24. Don't make assumptions. Ask questions.
25. Never take your health for granted.
26. Find the job you love and can get paid for.
27. Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
28. The Serenity Prayer is worth memorizing. So is Psalm 23.
29. Be nice to yourself.
30. If you've done the best you can, then that's enough.
31. Family is the most important thing. It's where your story begins.
32. You'll learn who your friends really are during the hardest times in your life.
33. If you don't learn the lesson, it'll just keep showing itself again and again.
34. It's okay to change your mind.
35. Never let anyone challenge your 'No.'
36. Sometimes you have to just do it afraid.
37. Don't forget to enjoy the journey. Life is short.
38. Never stop being curious.
39. Learn to laugh at yourself and life. Stop taking life so seriously.
40. Have fun along the way.